Did you know? You can save approximately $1,200 to $1,500 per year by designing your own home CrossFit gym! Not only this, but you can also craft it according to your body requirements. But before you turn your empty space, (or garage), into a home gym, you must know that CrossFit requires continuous different workouts at high-intensity level. For this purpose, you must make sure to acquire the finest quality home gym CrossFit equipment which is durable, as well as resilient. Moreover, you must have the dedication and commitment to keep up with CrossFit workout routine. Still reading? Well, you seem very enthusiastic to initiate a garage gym at your place. However, if you are searching for some amazing home CrossFit gym ideas, then you are at the right place. Here you will find everything you should know to establish your own.
In this post, you will find:
Table of ContentsShow
What is CrossFit?
It is widely known as a full-body workout that comprises of various vigorous exercises such as cardio, weightlifting, gymnastics, core training and metabolic conditioning. These workouts substantially help in improving your overall fitness and health. Additionally, people perform intense CrossFit workout religiously to reduce body weight and to enhance their body performance.
Advantages of having a Home Gym
You cannot find a gym everywhere, especially in small cities or towns, and if you are lucky enough to find one, then the annual or monthly membership can cost a fortune. Plus, you’ll need to also take into account the traveling expense and limited operating hours. While having your own at home is a much more convenient and pocket-friendly alternative. You can plan your workout timings according to your routine and schedule. Most significantly, having it will save a lot of bucks for you.
Top 4 Home Gym CrossFit equipment
Once you have made a decision to build it, you should know the best equipment brands to consider before making a purchase. Listed below are the top products along with their outstanding features, images, and video clips.
It is one of the best cycling bikes out in the market. After using the Schwinn Fitness Cycling Bike, we can assure you that it is extremely durable and robust.In addition to this model, in our general garage gym guide, we’ve reviewed the Marcy recumbent exercise bike which is an excellent buy as well!
Following are this bike’s features:
- Schwinn made sure to install adjustable padded contour seats with forearms rest and a large holder for your water bottle. It has a 3-speed adjustable fan to regulate your body temperature.
- The bike can be easily shifted from one corner of the room to another, all thanks to the already mounted transporting wheels.
- Schwinn added a sophisticated computer-aided resistance quick keys including twenty nine different exercise programs that can be exhibited on double, blue backlit, high-resolution LCD screen.
- 4 different individuals can store their performance data.
- The bike can support a person weighing up to 300 pounds.
- It enables a user to assign, track and monitor improvement with app-based tracking tools such as MapMyFitness (https://www.mapmyfitness.com/), MyFitnessPal (https://www.myfitnesspal.com/), etc. through their Bluetooth connectivity option.
More information can be found in this video:
No matter how simple you plan to design your garage gym to be, a dumbbell is one of the basic elements you must consider purchasing. After skimming through the internet, we’ve concluded that Ironmaster 75 lb Quick-Lock is one of the strongest adjustable dumbbells in the world. The Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells offers slightly different features, but it’s worth checking as well.
Following are the dumbbell’s features:
- The quick-lock technology permits the user to easily adjust the weight of each dumbbell from 5lbs-75lbs in 2.5lbs increments.
- The topmost iron and steel quality is used to manufacture the dumbbell, providing the product with great durability.
- The portable size and symmetrical balance make this product user-friendly to haul around. The ingenuity of presenting the square-shaped plate prevents the dumbbell from rolling away.
- A space-saving dumbbell stand is also included.
Check out this video for additional information:
Having a bench is necessary in order to perform powerful workouts using dumbbells, barbells, a cage etc. The Bowflex 3.1 is by far the most heavy-duty bench worth purchasing. If you’re looking for an alternative, you should consider the Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max weight bench as well.
Listed below are its attributes:
- It allows to perform 30 distinct exercises by transforming the bench to four unique positions i.e. decline, flat, 45 degrees, and 90 degrees.
- Included is a removable leg hold-down brace to provide support while in decline position.
- Mounted wheels improve portability, you can move the bench wherever you need.
- It is built using top quality steel to provide users with a durable and reliable product.
- It can carry weight of up to 480lbs (217kg).
In this this link you can see how easy it is to assemble it:
A power rack is needed in order to perform a combination of workouts such a chin-ups, dips, curls, deadlifts, and squats. Plus, you can set a bench underneath to perform bench presses and place the weights when they are not needed.
Let’s look at the features listed below:
- Titan made their best to provide its customers with a product that would stay with them for ages by creating the entire structure out of top quality steel.
- It is powerful enough to lift the weight of up to 700 lbs.
- You can promptly assemble the rack thanks to an already included essential hardware.
- It would approximately require an area of 48in x 58in. The total height of the rack is 71.5 inches with a pull-up bar situated 68.5 inches above the ground.
- What do you need for CrossFit?
The minimal garage gym CrossFit equipment includes dumbbells, cycle, kettlebells, squat rack and a power rack.
- How much does it cost to build a CrossFit gym?
Well, it may seem expensive to purchase all these durable home gym CrossFit equipment but in the long-term, it is the cost-effective option. CrossFit gym membership charges are ongoing while building a CrossFit garage gym is a one-time expenditure that you have to bear.
- Can you do CrossFit at home?
Yes, you can conveniently perform such workouts at your home.
- Is CrossFit better than the gym?
It is the easiest way to attain your fitness goals in a short span of time with a limited amount of resources required.
- Is CrossFit good for beginners?
If you are prepared to perform various tough exercises and are dedicated to gain a beach body and enhance your body’s performance in a limited time, then CrossFit is an ideal option for you. For beginners, the workout would be slightly easier with limited weight to lift and lesser reps.
So now after you’ve read the post, is there anything missing? Is there any other element you feel is mandatory to have in a CrossFit gym? Feel free to comment below!